BLOG: Cambridge Analytica's role in Kenya elections has been overstated - Nairobi News - 12 months ago, 2 Apr 11:30
Election manipulation is a hot story. In the last few days, Cambridge Analytica, which claims to use data to change behaviour including that of voters, has been accused of breaching Facebook rules in its efforts to collect personal data and use them to bring Donald Trump to power.
Cambridge Analytica is accused of interfering in elections on a very broad canvas. In Nigeria, it’s said to have used underhand tactics to try and secure the re-election of then President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.
Allegations in Kenya have focused on claims that Cambridge Analytica helped president Uhuru Kenyatta to retain power in 2017 by designing divisive campaigns that demonised opposition candidate Raila Odinga, bringing the country closer to civil conflict.
But caution is required, at least when it comes to the stories about interference in Nigeria and Kenya. The company’s impact has in fact been massively exaggerated as a result of claims made by ...
Category: blogs news
Item ID: 15968199-a1e6-43ee-a849-146fb96e0321
- newsPriority: 3.231
- calculatedNewsPriority: 217.131
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/category/blog/
- name: blogs
- newsPriority: 2.021
- calculatedNewsPriority: 215.921
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/
- name: news
- timeLastCalculatedUpdate: Apr 2, 2018 11:30:50 AM
- timeModifiedAsFromUser: Apr 2, 2018 11:02:23 AM
- timeCreatedAsFromServer: Apr 18, 2018 5:40:52 AM
- timeUpdatedAsFromUser: Jan 23, 2019 2:11:42 AM
- timeCreatedAsFromUser: Apr 2, 2018 11:30:50 AM
- timeUpdatedAsFromServer: Jan 23, 2019 2:11:42 AM
- timeModifiedAsFromServer: Apr 18, 2018 5:40:52 AM