CITY GIRL: Croatia’s president is one woman to emulate - Nairobi News - 8 months ago, 20 July 18:04
I never pass an opportunity to write about a powerful woman I admire. As an ambitious young woman with bigger ambitions than writing about ‘pink topics’, I try to soak in as much inspiration as I can from the pioneers and trailblazers who went before us.
So as I was watching the World Cup finals in between studying for exams, I could not help but wonder about the woman dressed in a red-and-white Croatian jersey and white pants in the VIP section cheering the Croatian team.
Who is she? Her name is Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, the President of Croatia. When she run against the incumbent Ivo Josipovic in 2015, she was nicknamed “Barbie” and pundits projected that she would lose to Josipovic until she pulled a stunner and won by a whisker, with 50.5 per cent of the vote.
When she came to power, Kolinda was not only the first female president of Croatia ...
Category: blogs news
Item ID: 51e1488f-ae20-4a29-b291-0f283f106034
- newsPriority: 3.231
- calculatedNewsPriority: 152.706
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/category/blog/
- name: blogs
- newsPriority: 9.254
- calculatedNewsPriority: 158.729
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/
- name: news
- timeLastCalculatedUpdate: Jul 20, 2018 6:04:43 PM
- timeModifiedAsFromUser: Jul 20, 2018 6:17:39 PM
- timeCreatedAsFromServer: Jul 20, 2018 6:04:43 PM
- timeUpdatedAsFromUser: Mar 26, 2019 9:53:14 PM
- timeCreatedAsFromUser: Jul 20, 2018 6:15:37 PM
- timeUpdatedAsFromServer: Mar 26, 2019 9:53:14 PM
- timeModifiedAsFromServer: Jul 20, 2018 6:04:39 PM