@DailyNation

Actor Sylvester Stallone under probe for sexual assault

4 months ago, 14 June 12:24

By: Afp

LOS ANGELES

US prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether film star Sylvester Stallone should be charged in connection with a sexual assault reported last year, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"A case was presented today by the Santa Monica Police Department regarding Sylvester Stallone," Greg Risling, a spokesman at the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, told AFP.

"It is under review by our sex crime task force."

The case involves a woman who reported last November that the 71-year-old actor, best known for his roles in the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies, had assaulted her in 1990.

Risling declined to provide more details about the alleged assault or to clarify whether California's 10-year statute of limitations applies in the case.

Police in Santa Monica and Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, could also not be reached for comment.

The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond.

Singer in December told US media when the allegation first surfaced that his client "categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story."

He acknowledged that Stallone had a relationship with the alleged victim while shooting a movie in Israel in 1987 while he was single.

The attorney said at the time that he planned to submit a claim against the woman for filing a false police report.

The #MeToo campaign took off last year following sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. It has since become a worldwide phenomenon.

Hundreds of celebrities and powerful people, including actor Kevin Spacey and long-time broadcast journalist Charlie Rose, have been accused of sexual harassment in the wake of the Weinstein scandal.

Harvey Weinstein was expected to plead innocent Tuesday to rape and sexual assault charges in New York.


Read More


Category: topnews news lifestyle

Suggested

5 hours ago, 21:27
@CITIZENTV - By: Cnn
International pressure mounts on Saudi over journalist disappearance

The UK, Germany and France have demanded a credible investigation into the fate of missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi as international pressure mounts ...

Category: topnews news
5 hours ago, 21:11
@DailyNation - By: Faustine Ngila
Google launches new motorbike service to boost tourism in Kenya

Google to work closely with boda-boda riders to identify routes to be used during high vehicle traffic. ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:32
@CITIZENTV - By: Enock Sickolia
Ufisadi katika IEBC

Mwenyekiti wa tume ya uchaguzi nchini Wafula Chebukati sasa anasema amemuandikia barua Mkurugenzi wa mashtaka ya umma Noordin Haji na tume ya maadili na kupambana na ufisadi nchini EACC kuchunguza ufu ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:26
@CITIZENTV - By: Wycliffe Nyamasege
7 NLC officials to testify against Swazuri in fraud case – court told

Seven commissioners from the National Lands Commission (NLC) are set to testify against former Chairman Mohammed Swazuri, reports from Court proceedings on ...

Category: topnews news
5 hours ago, 21:26
@TheStar - By: Melanie Mwangi @m ...
EACC asked to probe Wiper MCAs over anti-Mutua demos

The Machakos government wants the anti-corruption agency to probe Wiper MCAs for inciting people to demonstrate against Governor Alfred Mutua.On Monday, they led residents in protesting against what t ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:01
@CITIZENTV - By: Citizen Reporter
Washukiwa wa sakata ya Rio wafikishwa mahakamani

Aliyekuwa waziri wa michezo Hassan Wario na aliyekuwa rais wa kamati ya kitaifa ya Olympiki Kipchoge Keino wamepewa hadi siku ya Alhamisi kujisalimisha kwa polisi kuhusiana na sakata ya fedha za miche ...

Category: topnews news

@DailyNation

Actor Sylvester Stallone under probe for sexual assault

4 months ago, 14 June 12:24

By: Afp

LOS ANGELES

US prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether film star Sylvester Stallone should be charged in connection with a sexual assault reported last year, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"A case was presented today by the Santa Monica Police Department regarding Sylvester Stallone," Greg Risling, a spokesman at the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, told AFP.

"It is under review by our sex crime task force."

The case involves a woman who reported last November that the 71-year-old actor, best known for his roles in the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies, had assaulted her in 1990.

Risling declined to provide more details about the alleged assault or to clarify whether California's 10-year statute of limitations applies in the case.

Police in Santa Monica and Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, could also not be reached for comment.

The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond.

Singer in December told US media when the allegation first surfaced that his client "categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story."

He acknowledged that Stallone had a relationship with the alleged victim while shooting a movie in Israel in 1987 while he was single.

The attorney said at the time that he planned to submit a claim against the woman for filing a false police report.

The #MeToo campaign took off last year following sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. It has since become a worldwide phenomenon.

Hundreds of celebrities and powerful people, including actor Kevin Spacey and long-time broadcast journalist Charlie Rose, have been accused of sexual harassment in the wake of the Weinstein scandal.

Harvey Weinstein was expected to plead innocent Tuesday to rape and sexual assault charges in New York.


Read More

Category: topnews news lifestyle

Suggested

5 hours ago, 21:27
@CITIZENTV - By: Cnn
International pressure mounts on Saudi over journalist disappearance

The UK, Germany and France have demanded a credible investigation into the fate of missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi as international pressure mounts ...

Category: topnews news
5 hours ago, 21:11
@DailyNation - By: Faustine Ngila
Google launches new motorbike service to boost tourism in Kenya

Google to work closely with boda-boda riders to identify routes to be used during high vehicle traffic. ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:32
@CITIZENTV - By: Enock Sickolia
Ufisadi katika IEBC

Mwenyekiti wa tume ya uchaguzi nchini Wafula Chebukati sasa anasema amemuandikia barua Mkurugenzi wa mashtaka ya umma Noordin Haji na tume ya maadili na kupambana na ufisadi nchini EACC kuchunguza ufu ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:26
@CITIZENTV - By: Wycliffe Nyamasege
7 NLC officials to testify against Swazuri in fraud case – court told

Seven commissioners from the National Lands Commission (NLC) are set to testify against former Chairman Mohammed Swazuri, reports from Court proceedings on ...

Category: topnews news
5 hours ago, 21:26
@TheStar - By: Melanie Mwangi @m ...
EACC asked to probe Wiper MCAs over anti-Mutua demos

The Machakos government wants the anti-corruption agency to probe Wiper MCAs for inciting people to demonstrate against Governor Alfred Mutua.On Monday, they led residents in protesting against what t ...

Category: topnews news
6 hours ago, 20:01
@CITIZENTV - By: Citizen Reporter
Washukiwa wa sakata ya Rio wafikishwa mahakamani

Aliyekuwa waziri wa michezo Hassan Wario na aliyekuwa rais wa kamati ya kitaifa ya Olympiki Kipchoge Keino wamepewa hadi siku ya Alhamisi kujisalimisha kwa polisi kuhusiana na sakata ya fedha za miche ...

Category: topnews news
Our App