Thirdway Alliance’s proposal to slash MPs to 100, Senators to 47
2 months ago, 12 Oct 14:32
- The party proposes every county to have a woman and and a man elected as MPs
- It further proposes scrapping off of the 290 constituencies and maintenance of Senate
- Thirdway expressed need to maintain the 1,450 wards as units of development in the counties
- The proposals were based on feedback collected from Kenyans in five counties
- Already, the party had collected over to initiate referendum
Thirdway Alliance party has proposed Constitution amendments that could see taxpayers spend less than KSh 5 billion on salaries for elected leaders.
The party proposes to maintain the Senate as an upper house with veto powers with 47 members and reduce number of MPs to 100.
The political outfit further proposed the National Assembly to have two elected leaders for each county, a man and a woman, with additional six representatives for special interest groups.
Thirdway expressed need to maintain the 1,450 wards as units of development in the counties.
The party leader Ekuru Aukot said the proposals were based on feedback and collection of opinions from Kenyans in Nairobi, Nakuru, Isiolo, Samburu and Kiambu counties.
Aukot has been collecting signatures from Kenyans to initiatewhich is expected to be a major political showdown ahead of the 2022 General Election.
As of Wednesday, October 10, Aukot revealed he had gathered over , which is a significant increase from 500,000 signatures recorded last week.
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690 and Telegram:
Joseph Irungu and Jacque Maribe in court over the murder of Monica Kimani -
Category: topnews news politics