Sonko offers 150 buses for Harambee Stars fans to Kasarani
1 weeks ago, 20:05
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has on Thursday, October 11, announced free transport to fans who will be attending continental match pitting Kenya against Harambee Stars.
Sonko said the decision to offer 150 buses which will ferry fans to Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on Sunday, October 16, after the national government said it would cater for fans' gate charges.
Soccer loving fans will be picked from various points within Nairobi to Kasarani in a bid to instill sporting culture and further endure Sebastina Migne boys get the much needed home support.
Earlier on the day, Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa confirmed entrance would be free as the government is expected to sponsor them.
Harambee Stars on Wednesday October 10, registered a 0-0 draw against Walia of Ethiopia rekindled hope the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2019 in Cameroon.
Coach Sebastian Migne's boys are currently perched at the summit of group F with four points while Ethiopia move to second place with one point despite beating Sierra Leone.
TUKO.co.ke previously reported the Confederation for African Football (CAF) called off Sierra Leone's AFCON qualifying games against Ghana.
This in nutshell means points against Sierra Leone remain cancelled.
Category: topnews news sports