Operations in Migori county to continue uninterrupted despite Obado's detention
3 months ago, 22 Sep 20:52
- The county officials assured Migori residents operations at the county will not stall as a result of Obado's detention
- They asked the residents to exercise patience at the judicial process continues
- The officials also asked the investigating agencies not to politicise the process
- Obado was arrested on Friday, September 21 and will be detained until Monday, September 24 when he will be charged with murder
- If that happens and the governor does not take plea, he stands to loose his seat
Officials at the Migori county government have urged residents to remain calm following the detention of Governor Okoth Obado over the gruesome murder Rongo university student Sharon Otieno.
Obado's detention on Friday, September 21, is reported to have caused mixed reactions among residents of the county.
The county's lands executive, Elijah Odhiambo, who read a statement on behalf of the cabinet said the county government operations will continue uninterrupted, Daily Nation reported.
Odhiambo further urged the investigating agencies and the judiciary to expedite the matter.and that they should politicise the process.
Obado was arrested for the second time on Friday, September 21 and taken to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to record a statement and for questioning after DNA results showed he was the father to Sharon's unborn baby.
Detectives said he may be charged with murder on Monday, September 24, and may also loose his seat if he is charged with murder of the former Rongo University student and lover Sharon
Obado's personal assistant Michael Oyamo, a key suspect in Otieno's abduction and murder, is also in police custody alongside other aides of the governor.
Breaking News Kenya: Angry Kenyan Sends Message to President Uhuru Kenyatta |
Category: topnews news