NASA principals must beat Raila to get 2022 presidential ticket - Ojaamong
3 months ago, 22 Sep 21:27
- Busia Governor said Opposition leader Raila Odinga was the only politician who had fought for Kenya's democracy and deserved to be in State House
- Ojaamong accused Wiper party leader and National Super Alliance co-principal Kalonzo Musyoka for betraying Raila in 2007 General Election
- He lauded Kalonzo for excellently reviving his reputation after hurting Opposition supporters
- According to Ojaamong, NASA principals Moses Wetang'ula and Moses Mudavadi had failed to establish themselves as strong presidential candidates
- The former Personal Assistant of Raila said NASA principals would only vie for presidency in 2022 if they beat Raila in party nominations
Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong has tipped Opposition leader Raila Odinga will vie for presidency in 2022.
Ojamoong who once served as Raila's Personal Assistant and elected on an (ODM) party ticket said, only the Opposition leader had worked hard enough for Kenya to deserve a direct entry into the State House.
In a Facebook post seen by TUKO.co.ke, on Saturday, September 22, Ojaamong insinuated it would be illogical to think Raila's political career ended when he shook hands with President Uhuru Kenyatta after controversially losing the 2017 General Election.
Reserving his respect for National Super Alliance co-principal Musalia Mudavadi of Amani National Congress and FORD Kenya's Moses Wetang’ula, the governor was categorical the two had struggled unsuccessfully to establish themselves as strong presidential candidates.
Ojaamong lauded Wiper party leader and NASA co-principal Kalonzo Musyoka had beaten odds to sustain his political might after many pundits thought his political career was dead and buried.
He however, accused the former vice president of betraying Raila and costing him the top seat in another disputed presidential poll in 2007.
He said over time he had learnt to appreciate Kalonzo's political prowess as a sharp strategist but that never gave him an edge over Raila.
The Busia governor said it would plainly look fair for Raila to return the favour to Kalonzo but argued such positions are not given or exchanged but earned.
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690 and : Tuko news.
When Uhuru, Ruto and Raila Met at State House - On
Category: topnews news politics