@CITIZENTV

Missing Chibok girls not coming back, Boko Haram commander tells police

3 months ago, 22 July 11:06

By: Cnn

The remaining missing Chibok girls are not coming back, a top Boko Haram commander has told Nigerian police.

The revelation came after police arrested eight Boko Haram suspects, including a top commander from the terror group.

A police spokesman told CNN that the men confessed to their involvement in the kidnapping of more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls in April 2014.

One of the men, 23-year-old Mayinta Modu told police the remaining schoolgirls have been married to Boko Haram commanders and were not willing to come back.

“They said many of the girls have accepted the Boko Haram doctrine and don’t see any reason to leave their husbands. It’s only those that were desperate to come that were released in that swap deal,” Deputy Police Commissioner Abba Kyari told CNN.

Modu also told police during interrogations that he was one of the Boko Haram commanders who “coordinated and led” the notorious kidnapping.

“They confessed that they were part of the group that kidnapped the Chibok girls. One of them, a commander said they were over a 100 members of the militant group took part in that abduction,”Kyari added.

The men also confessed to organizing several suicide bomb attacks in the region.

Police say the men are among 22 suspected Boko Haram members who were arrested following investigations.

Two men have also been jailed for 15 and 20 years this year for their involvement in the kidnapping of the 276 schoolgirls from their boarding school in Chibok, northeast Nigeria.

The kidnappings of the girls aged between 16 and 18 in April 2014 sparked global outrage.

Eighty-two of the schoolgirls were released in a swap between the Nigerian government and the militant group last year.

But more than 100 of them remain in captivity, with their whereabouts unknown.

Boko Haram militants who mainly inhabit areas in northern Nigeria have killed thousands of Nigerians bombing mosques, markets and other public places since 2009.

 


Read More


Category: topnews news

Suggested

1 hours ago, 09:21
@CITIZENTV - By: Wangui Ngechu
Revealed: Details of Maribe affidavit on Joseph ‘Jowie’ Irungu

Citizen TV anchor Jacque Maribe has confirmed that her fiancé and co-accused Joseph Irungu alias ‘Jowie’ indeed shot himself in her house in Langata. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 08:17
@StandardMedia - By: Kamau Maichuhie
MP’s shocking claim after battle with brain cancer

Waititu says 63 legislators are among thousands of Kenyans afflicted by the illness. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 08:07
@CITIZENTV - By: Voa
Uganda hopes Kanye West, Kardashian visit boosts tourism

American rapper Kanye West and socialite wife Kim Kardashian are visiting Uganda and bringing some much-wanted, positive attention ...

Category: topnews news lifestyle
7 minutes
@TheStar - By: Reuters @reuters
Judge dismisses Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump

 A US judge on Monday dismissed adult film actress Stormy Daniels's defamation lawsuit against President Donald Trump and ordered her to pay his attorney's fees, saying a tweet the president had writt ...

Category: topnews news
17 minutes
@TheStar - By: Reuters @reuters
Australia embraces Mehgan, Prince Harry after pregnancy announcement

Crowds thronged the Sydney Opera House and shores of the city's sparkling harbour on Tuesday to catch a glimpse of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan during their first public appearances in Australia s ...

Category: topnews news
28 minutes
@TheStar - By: Alphonce Gari @al ...
State to rebuild Magarini bridges to save locals from hippos, crocodiles - PS

Two bridges which were swept away by floodwaters in Magarini constituency will be constructed at Sh80 million before the year ends.The Shakahola and Bombi bridges, which are 15 kilometres apart, were ...

Category: topnews news

@CITIZENTV

Missing Chibok girls not coming back, Boko Haram commander tells police

3 months ago, 22 July 11:06

By: Cnn

The remaining missing Chibok girls are not coming back, a top Boko Haram commander has told Nigerian police.

The revelation came after police arrested eight Boko Haram suspects, including a top commander from the terror group.

A police spokesman told CNN that the men confessed to their involvement in the kidnapping of more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls in April 2014.

One of the men, 23-year-old Mayinta Modu told police the remaining schoolgirls have been married to Boko Haram commanders and were not willing to come back.

“They said many of the girls have accepted the Boko Haram doctrine and don’t see any reason to leave their husbands. It’s only those that were desperate to come that were released in that swap deal,” Deputy Police Commissioner Abba Kyari told CNN.

Modu also told police during interrogations that he was one of the Boko Haram commanders who “coordinated and led” the notorious kidnapping.

“They confessed that they were part of the group that kidnapped the Chibok girls. One of them, a commander said they were over a 100 members of the militant group took part in that abduction,”Kyari added.

The men also confessed to organizing several suicide bomb attacks in the region.

Police say the men are among 22 suspected Boko Haram members who were arrested following investigations.

Two men have also been jailed for 15 and 20 years this year for their involvement in the kidnapping of the 276 schoolgirls from their boarding school in Chibok, northeast Nigeria.

The kidnappings of the girls aged between 16 and 18 in April 2014 sparked global outrage.

Eighty-two of the schoolgirls were released in a swap between the Nigerian government and the militant group last year.

But more than 100 of them remain in captivity, with their whereabouts unknown.

Boko Haram militants who mainly inhabit areas in northern Nigeria have killed thousands of Nigerians bombing mosques, markets and other public places since 2009.

 


Read More

Category: topnews news

Suggested

1 hours ago, 09:21
@CITIZENTV - By: Wangui Ngechu
Revealed: Details of Maribe affidavit on Joseph ‘Jowie’ Irungu

Citizen TV anchor Jacque Maribe has confirmed that her fiancé and co-accused Joseph Irungu alias ‘Jowie’ indeed shot himself in her house in Langata. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 08:17
@StandardMedia - By: Kamau Maichuhie
MP’s shocking claim after battle with brain cancer

Waititu says 63 legislators are among thousands of Kenyans afflicted by the illness. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 08:07
@CITIZENTV - By: Voa
Uganda hopes Kanye West, Kardashian visit boosts tourism

American rapper Kanye West and socialite wife Kim Kardashian are visiting Uganda and bringing some much-wanted, positive attention ...

Category: topnews news lifestyle
7 minutes
@TheStar - By: Reuters @reuters
Judge dismisses Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump

 A US judge on Monday dismissed adult film actress Stormy Daniels's defamation lawsuit against President Donald Trump and ordered her to pay his attorney's fees, saying a tweet the president had writt ...

Category: topnews news
17 minutes
@TheStar - By: Reuters @reuters
Australia embraces Mehgan, Prince Harry after pregnancy announcement

Crowds thronged the Sydney Opera House and shores of the city's sparkling harbour on Tuesday to catch a glimpse of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan during their first public appearances in Australia s ...

Category: topnews news
28 minutes
@TheStar - By: Alphonce Gari @al ...
State to rebuild Magarini bridges to save locals from hippos, crocodiles - PS

Two bridges which were swept away by floodwaters in Magarini constituency will be constructed at Sh80 million before the year ends.The Shakahola and Bombi bridges, which are 15 kilometres apart, were ...

Category: topnews news
Our App