@StandardMedia

Man charged with killing his three year-old son

3 months ago, 14 Mar 00:14

By: Patrick Rono

A man was yesterday arraigned in the High Court in Nakuru for killing his three-year-old son. Hezekiel Njui, 31, who works as a farmhand, is facing charges of killing the boy on Monday, March 12. The boy's body was found dumped at Prayer Centre in Bahati. According to police, the suspect had been living with the boy after he and his wife separated. Bahati OCPD Edward Wafula said the suspect was arrested after residents discovered the child's body on a road a few metres from his house. “We suspect that he killed the boy at his house on Sunday and fled,” Mr Wafula said. The boy's grandmother told the police that she had left the three-year-old with the suspect on Sunday to attend a funeral meeting in the neighborhood. When she went to check on her grandson on Monday morning, neither he nor the suspect were in the house. “On March 12, 2018, at around 6am, she went into their house to check (on) the child, but there was nobody in the house,” read the police statement. “While searching, she got information from a passer-by who had seen the body of a child dumped on the road about 200 metres away, wrapped with blankets,” the police report said. Police who went to the scene said the child had been strangled with a belt and a nail had been driven into his right leg. After news about the killing spread, residents of Free Area confronted the suspect on Monday afternoon and took him to the Free Area sub-county commissioner’s office where he was presented to Bahati police. He appeared before Justice Maureen Odero yesterday and was informed of the charges he faced. The court ordered a mental assessment report before he could plead to the charges. The case is set for April 5.
Read More


Category: topnews news

Suggested

2 hours ago, 20:48
@DailyNation - By: Abdimalik Hajir
Duale says he has tabled list of contraband sugar importers

Duale said report he tabled before the Trade and Agriculture committee has over sixty importers. ...

Category: topnews news counties
2 hours ago, 20:28
@CITIZENTV - By: Pscu
President Kenyatta condoles with Ethiopians after bomb attack

President Uhuru Kenyatta has condemned an attack in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa which killed one person and left dozens injured. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 20:22
@CITIZENTV - By: Reuters
Mexico put Korea to the sword

Mexico ...

Category: topnews news sports
2 hours ago, 20:08
@TheStar - By: Pscu
President Kenyatta condoles with Ethiopia after Addis Ababa attack

President Uhuru Kenyatta has condemned the attack in Addis Ababa that left one person dead and hundreds injured. Uhuru who sent his condolences to Ethiopians on Saturday termed the attack as cowardly ...

Category: topnews news
3 hours ago, 19:30
@CITIZENTV - By: Robbie Chome
Gad the hero as Sharks devour Wazito to clinch last-16 ticket

Gad, Custodian, Sharks ...

Category: sports topnews news
3 hours ago, 19:16
@CITIZENTV - By: Amos Sambu
Names of illegal sugar importers to be revealed next week, says Duale

National Assembly Majority Leader Aden Duale on Saturday said the names of individuals behind the importation of contraband sugar will be revealed to the public next week. Speaking at the inaugural Ga ...

Category: topnews news

@StandardMedia

Man charged with killing his three year-old son

3 months ago, 14 Mar 00:14

By: Patrick Rono
A man was yesterday arraigned in the High Court in Nakuru for killing his three-year-old son. Hezekiel Njui, 31, who works as a farmhand, is facing charges of killing the boy on Monday, March 12. The boy's body was found dumped at Prayer Centre in Bahati. According to police, the suspect had been living with the boy after he and his wife separated. Bahati OCPD Edward Wafula said the suspect was arrested after residents discovered the child's body on a road a few metres from his house. “We suspect that he killed the boy at his house on Sunday and fled,” Mr Wafula said. The boy's grandmother told the police that she had left the three-year-old with the suspect on Sunday to attend a funeral meeting in the neighborhood. When she went to check on her grandson on Monday morning, neither he nor the suspect were in the house. “On March 12, 2018, at around 6am, she went into their house to check (on) the child, but there was nobody in the house,” read the police statement. “While searching, she got information from a passer-by who had seen the body of a child dumped on the road about 200 metres away, wrapped with blankets,” the police report said. Police who went to the scene said the child had been strangled with a belt and a nail had been driven into his right leg. After news about the killing spread, residents of Free Area confronted the suspect on Monday afternoon and took him to the Free Area sub-county commissioner’s office where he was presented to Bahati police. He appeared before Justice Maureen Odero yesterday and was informed of the charges he faced. The court ordered a mental assessment report before he could plead to the charges. The case is set for April 5.
Read More

Category: topnews news

Suggested

2 hours ago, 20:48
@DailyNation - By: Abdimalik Hajir
Duale says he has tabled list of contraband sugar importers

Duale said report he tabled before the Trade and Agriculture committee has over sixty importers. ...

Category: topnews news counties
2 hours ago, 20:28
@CITIZENTV - By: Pscu
President Kenyatta condoles with Ethiopians after bomb attack

President Uhuru Kenyatta has condemned an attack in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa which killed one person and left dozens injured. ...

Category: topnews news
2 hours ago, 20:22
@CITIZENTV - By: Reuters
Mexico put Korea to the sword

Mexico ...

Category: topnews news sports
2 hours ago, 20:08
@TheStar - By: Pscu
President Kenyatta condoles with Ethiopia after Addis Ababa attack

President Uhuru Kenyatta has condemned the attack in Addis Ababa that left one person dead and hundreds injured. Uhuru who sent his condolences to Ethiopians on Saturday termed the attack as cowardly ...

Category: topnews news
3 hours ago, 19:30
@CITIZENTV - By: Robbie Chome
Gad the hero as Sharks devour Wazito to clinch last-16 ticket

Gad, Custodian, Sharks ...

Category: sports topnews news
3 hours ago, 19:16
@CITIZENTV - By: Amos Sambu
Names of illegal sugar importers to be revealed next week, says Duale

National Assembly Majority Leader Aden Duale on Saturday said the names of individuals behind the importation of contraband sugar will be revealed to the public next week. Speaking at the inaugural Ga ...

Category: topnews news
Our App