Mails: Life is beautiful after Arsene Wenger…
2 months ago, 11 Oct 17:16
Send your mails to email@example.com…
Hello. I just wanted to write in to mention how beautiful post-Wenger life has been. For the first time since 2008, I am seeing the strangest things in Arsenal teams like:
* A team winning 9 matches in a row in all competitions, despite having several mediocre players
* Players actually being selected on merit
* Accountability. Lazy overpaid chancers (hi Mesut) being called out and left at home when they don’t pull their weight
* Squad players hustling on the pitch, a system that minimises the weaknesses of e.g. Iwobi, Mustafi, Xhaka, Welbeck
* Players generally deemed not good enough, showing clear signs of improvement with actual tactical coaching. Even Bellerin looks competent.
* Arsenal playing away on a Thursday in Europe, then coming back to play an early lunchtime kick-off and the manager not waffling on with pathetic excuses about “physically jaded after Europe blabla”
* A manager taking personal responsibility after defeats to Chelski and Citeh, not making ridiculous excuses about “oil money”
* A team coming out after a poor first half and significantly improving after a manager’s half-time chat. As opposed to coming out and shipping a further 3 goals and imploding
* Substitutions made before the 70th minute. Who knew this was allowed?
* Water bottles no longer subjected to assault
* Zippers no longer being fiddled with endlessly
* A manager that barks tactical instructions from the sidelines and reacts to what is happening tactically, in-game. Aren’t you just supposed to copy-paste the same team selection and formation for the whole season and then lay back in a deckchair?
* No talk of “mental strength” after a scabby fortuitous win at home to a rubbish side. Always demanding more improvement.
Apart from that, the most satisfying thing is that the “Be Careful what You wish For” crowd, often ManYoo fans who told Arsenal fans to know their place…are now howling with incandescent rage after just 14 months of Mourinho madness! Arsenal fans tolerated 14 Years of it and were told to “remember what he once won” and “have patience”. Funny how that “patience” isn’t applying to them eh? 😂
The other amazing thing is that the Emirates didn’t burn down after Wenger was sacked as was predicted by the Wenger Cult (ooops sorry he errr “left”, because you know…when people choose to leave their jobs they are given their full severance package and payout for duration of their contract right?) The club didn’t go under, Arsenal are not battling relegation. The club seems to be rejuvenated and thriving – mainly because Le Grim Reaper has left the building, and he has thankfully taken many of his comedy cult with him! (Tom Goldenballs, Dale May and Will O’Doherty seem to have been abducted!) Arsenal seems like a football club again, not one troglodyte’s ego-trip. It isn’t really important if they win anything or not this season: it is more important that the manager wants to win, doesn’t spend his whole ...
Category: sports football