Jubilee will support Ruto in 2022 despite Uhuru,Raila handshake - Duale
1 weeks ago, 21:41
- National Assembly Majority Leader Aden Duale said Jubilee party is intact despite contradicting statements from key members
- He said handshake between President Uhuru Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga did not affect Ruto's 2022 succession plan
- Duale observed handshake between Uhuru and Raila did not mean Jubilee and ODM had merged
- He reiterated Raila is the leader of opposition and his work is to check on government
- The Garissa Town MP said Kenya has only two national parties, Jubilee and ODM
Leader of Majority in the National Assembly Aden Duale has said Jubilee party will support Deputy President William Ruto's 2022 presidential bid despite President Uhuru Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga's handshake.
Speaking during an interview with Ebru Tv on Thursday, July 12, Duale said Raila did not join Jubilee by agreeing to work with Uhuru and was not worried that the handshake deal would be an impediment to Ruto's ambition.
Duale reiterated there were and he was not worried with statements from Elgeyo Marakwet Senator and Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria insinuating there was division in the leading party, saying they only spoke their opinions but he was the official spokesperson.
Duale explained the absence of Ruto and Raila's running mate under the National Super Alliance (NASA) were non-issues compared to the historical coming together of Uhuru and Raila whose families had an antagonistic relationship dating back to the immediate post-colonial era.
The vocal legislator was categorical Jubilee and ODM were distinct parties and the only national political entities compared to Wiper Democratic Movement, Amani National Congress and FORD Kenya which he said were still regional outfits.
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690 and :
Tuko news. Kenya Untold Stories: Rejected For Naming Son Uhuru Kenyatta |
Category: politics news topnews