Court charges three more suspects in Muriuki suit
1 weeks ago, 01:39
Three more suspects accused of attacking former Nairobi Central Business Distrct Association chairman Timothy Muriuki have been charged with robbery with violence.
Michael Banya, Bernard Otieno and Benjamin Mulinge denied robbing Muriuki of Sh100,000 and injuring him.
Chief magistrate Francis Andayi released the suspects on Sh200,000 bail. He consolidated the case with that of four other suspects charged over the incident.
Police said the three surrendered. Seven people have been arraigned following the assault.
Muriuki was attacked at Hotel Boulevard on April 30 while addressing a press conference on the state of Nairobi.
On Tuesday Brian Owino appeared in a Milimani court. He denied the charge and was freed on Sh200,000 bail.
Through his lawyers, Owino asked the court for lenient bond.
Police said Owino surrendered on Monday, two weeks after authorities placed a Sh500,000 bounty on him and four others.
Last week, East African Legislative Assembly MP Simon Mbugua and two others were charged with the same offence.
They denied the charges and are out on a similar bond. Mbugua was charged alongside Benjamin Odhiambo, alias Solo, and Anthony Ombok, alias Jamal.
The cases will be heard on July 17.
Category: topnews news